Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 15th

So this week was pretty normal, nothing really too exciting. So we had interviews with President and my interview was really lame haha usually he gives you like a pep talk or something like that and then talks about some cool things, but pretty much he just talked about the rest of the district with me and stuff like that and then he told my companion that I am leaving at the end of this transfer which is in 2 weeks. So thats kinda sad, but its time for a change. He said he was proud of me for the work Ive done in Okolona and hes really seen an increase in the work. So it made me feel good, he said I was doing a good job with Elder Adams as well.
 
So Vicente didnt come to church this week so he will not be baptized this week so thats sad. Were going to try and reset the date for the 27 so that I can be here for it. We knocked on his door sunday morning and apparently he was sleeping. He called us and apologized, but we will see what happens.
 
We found a really cool new investigator this week. His name is Juan Carlos. Hes from Cuba and has been in the states for like a month or less. We actually taught his brother one time and we went by to teach his brother again, but his brother wasnt home and so we started talking to Juan Carlos and he didnt really want to talk to us. But then I started talking about Cuba and where hes from and so he let us come in. We started kinda just asking him questions about religion and then shared a little bit of the restauration and he was like "Oh that sounds familiar" Then he pulls out the Restauration pamphlet that we had given his brother and he had said he had read all of it and it was really interesting. We then gave him a Book of Mormon and he also came to church yesterday so that was exciting. Hes a really cool guy.
 
So probably the most eventful thing of the week was going to the restaurant called El Rincon. Its a cuban restaurant and Darely and Amiley really wanted to take me there because they found out I was going to be leaving soon. So we go over to Darelys and like everyone is getting super dressed up and stuff and im like man where are we going!! So we show up to this restaurant and pretty much it was how I pictured Cuba (utter caos) Like there is like 30 people dancing and drinking and just lots of yelling and stuff haha it was nuts. Then Amiley asked me to dance and I was like I cant Amiley haha she loves me. It was a super good time. They threw down so much money for it though. So like there was 9 of us.... it cost $190!!!!! Like I probably got the least expensive thing. My meal was $13. But like man they threw down so much money. I felt so bad cause I know that they dont have the most money in the world.
 
But really there was nothing too exciting about this week. Just same old same old. But it would be super cool if you could get brownies sent off cause I want to bring them to my last district meeting. It would be super nice. And I am going to go send off the glasses today and so Ill be getting that done.
 
It was kinda hectic this week with Lousiville winning though. There are like stands on every corner selling shirts and stuff. There is a shirt I am looking for and I havent been able to find it yet. They are always sold out so we are going up to the main store today. It says "CUT THE NET, National Champions" Its super legit.
 
Eufemia kinda chewed me out yesterday at church. So she was like Elder Knudsen you dont love me anymore. You dont come over as much as you used to and you dont call me and stuff and I was like man!!! I am sorry!! Cause like she wants to feed us like every day and shes been working a lot in the afternoon and like we are busy pretty early on, but it made me feel really bad. Shes so amazing though. She taught gospel principles this week and did an amazing job. It was kinda super funny. The lesson was on Repentance and she like called the whole class to repentance. But thats about all for me.... I felt like I was going to tell you some other stuff... but dont really remember.
 
Well love yall
 
Elder Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment