Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18th

So I am staying in Okolona for my 6 1/2 trasnfer haha. Elder Singleton is leaving and going Zone Leader. So I am not training because the Elder from Peru didnt get his Visa so he wont be coming in until next transfer. We get 3 Spanish Elders next transfer so Ill probably be training in April. So this week was kinda nuts, but it went alright.
 
So Tuesday was probably the worst day of my mission so far not going to lie. So we walk outside and I hop on my bike, my chain has fallen off and so I had to put it back on real quick. Then we usually take a short cut by the elementary school if its the weekend or after school, but for some reason we took it, and I came around the corner and there was a lady and her daughter and I slammed on my brakes and I ran into them. Like Elder Singleton came around the corner first and didnt warn me haha but I didnt really hit them too hard, but I felt super bad. So we were riding to an appointment that was about 4 miles away and a member was going to meet us there cause he said he couldnt pick us up and we were running a little late so we were going as fast as we could. Elder Singleton started to hit some green lights and I started to hit some red lights, and then eventually I couldnt see him cause he kept riding. He never looked back. So I thought he was going to take the way he usually does to get to this appointment, so I decided to take that route, but.... on this day.... he didnt take that route. So he didnt get too far when he realized I wasnt behind him and so he stopped, but I was going a different way than him and so I never caught up to him. During this time I had prayed and decided I think I should go to the apt because either Elder Singleton and the member will be there or just the member and Ill be able to use his phone to call Elder Singleton. So I show up to the apt and nobody is there. Its in the most ghetto part of our area that were not supposed to really go unless we have a reason. So I am just sitting there in front of this house just waiting for like 10 min when I decided I needed to find a phone to call Elder Singleton. So there were some workers working on the telephone lines and they let me use there phone. I called Elder Singleton and he said the Zone Leaders were going to pick him up and they would then bring him to me.  He also had called the member and cancelled the apt cause we didnt know when we were going to be able to meet up. So here I am sitting in this sketch  neighborhood for like 40 min by myself haha it was sooooo scary!!! And then later that day we contacted into this guy and he seemed super legit and he kinda acted dumb that he like didnt know anything about the bible or about us, so he wanted us to come in and share our message with him, it turns out he was a Jehova Witness and all he wanted to do was bash with us. Like after 40 min he asks "So whats the name of God" And that just gave it away. But we actually won the bash haha he couldnt say anything on us. It wasnt like a hostile environment, but by the end he had nothing to say. But it was a really bad day and just nothing went our way. Like at the end of the night we had set up an apt to meet with a super less active that used to be the relief society president. She hadnt been to church in about 3 years and the whole time I have been here shes never allowed us to come over. We talked to her and she said we could come over Tuesday. We sent with a memer.... and she wasnt there. So then they asked me what I thought we should do. I decided lets go see Amiley. We show up and shes just crying. She had been having a really rough time. But she asked me to give her a blessing and after the blessing she stopped crying and was actually smiling. It was for sure a tender mercy from the Lord. Cause I had complained about all that had gone wrong, but she was having it worst and I was allowed to help her feel better. It was a really cool experience. Then she came to church on Sunday and just seemed so much happier and better!!
 
So Wednesday wasnt the greatest day either. Just nothing really happened. All of our apts fell throught and we just had nothing going for us. Like absolutely nothing happened. Then Thursday we had Zone Meeting and so that was pretty good. And then Friday nothing really happened either and then Saturday a few things happened, but then Sunday was just great!! So Pablo and Fabiola, like there kids, invited 2 kids to come to church with them and they were 2 kids that we were actually teaching. The mom was baptized in Peru and she wanted her kids to be baptized, but we had no support from her. But now we can hopefully get them on the right page with the help of Pablo and Fabiola. And then after church we had an appointment with Osvaldo and Marta and they were just great. They have been super busy and so we havent been able to meet with them forever, but they still love us and we talked about there baptism and what they need to do and they are still looking good for April 13. Then we had a lesson with Vicente!!! We had stopped by Saturday just to see how he was and he asked for some help with his internet, so we helped him, and then he said we could come by on Sunday. So we went and it was so amazing. It was like the Vicente of Old and he will for sure be baptized in April. He was just like I feel like something has been missing ever since you all have left and I really want to have that back in my life. He was saying hes really busy but hes willing to have us over every day of the weekend to help prepare him for baptism!! He is the most amazing guy ever!! I was so happy! I was like a kid at Christmas after! So I learned a big lesson of diligence this week and to not get discouraged. Like I wasnt the happiest all week but I kept trying and then the Lord rewarded us this weekend!!
 
So we are now going to have more sisters than Elders in my District haha. So Sister Okey is going to be training 2 sisters and then they are opening up a new area and so we will have 2 more sisters! So we will have 5 sisters and then 4 Elders. Oh and so we think Elder Gonzalez is going to be my companion. Im excited about it though. Hes had a rough mission and hasnt seen much success and hasnt had the best companions so I am excited to show him what missionary work is supposed to be. It should be good.
 
So there were like a couple of glasses that I really liked. I think the white squares were nice. They had like a little bit of black on the sides. But like I forgot the paper in the apartment. And I really like the ones that were like kinda more round and the bottom and thick frames, but ill try and maybe send a letter with the ones I want today just so you know. Then you can pick which ones cause like I dont really know the prices and I think the squares would be more mission appropriate. But thats about all for me.
 
Love you all
 
Elder Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment