Monday, March 18, 2013

March 11th

So i guess ill give you the fasting story before I forget. So it was with Micaela. We had a baptismal date for Jan 12 and it was January 4 and she was not ready and didnt feel comfortable and said she was going to be baptized. Elder Baker and I decided to teach about baptism and while we were teaching it didnt seem right. I got the impression that we needed to fast with her and teach her a little about it. I promised her that if she fasted with us that she would recieve an answer to her prayer (super scary making a promise like that) Then we started the fast with her the next day. And I can honestly say I have never prayed so hard in my life. I was just pleading with the Lord that he would give someone the words to touch the heart of Micaela. Like fast and testimony meetings are sometimes a little weird in the spanish branch, but literally every testimony that was said was directed right at her. Then in Relief Society someone sat down and talked with her and really helped her realize her answer. That Monday we saw her at Family Home Evening and she didnt say anything just that the fast was good. So then we went over Tuesday (5 days before baptism) and the first thing we asked was if she had recieved an answer. She said yes. She then asked when her date was and looked on her phone and realized it was in 5 days, but she had recieved the answer and she went through with it. I have also found a lot of many prepared people as of late by fasting so its been really cool.
 
So this week was a super fast week. Like we were super busy, but yet I feel like nothing really happened. I wish there was more hours in the day to get the work done because the work is hastening and there is just not enough time to get what you need to done. Like I really dont even know what happened or what to tell you this week. We had a really cool experience today. So we had zone activity today and so some English Elders picked us up and they needed to pick us up early cause they needed to go to the mall. So we were strolling through the mall and a hispanic lady just randomly approaches us and asked if we spoke spanish and they she really needed to speak with us. She then told us she had went to the church 2 weeks before but nobody was there (because of stake conference) and that she really wanted to speak with Elders. She knew all about the church and she was dying to meet with us. She asked when church was and we told her Sunday at 1. She then told us she thinks shes going to quit her job so she can come to church!!! LIKE WHAT!!! For anyone who has served a mission.... that never happens!!! Like especially spanish people in the states. They are very nervous to approach people and to make the innitial contact. But it was just another testimony of being in the right place at the right time. She actually lives in the Zone Leaders area, so we wont get to teach her, but I was an instrument in the Lords hand at that time. It was really cool.
 
So Osvaldo and Martha are just killing it. They are going to be baptized probably on the 13 of April. They couldnt come to church this week because Osvaldo picked up a job, but they love us so much and just love going to church. They are the cutest cuban couple ever. Like everyone at church was asking where they were cause just everyone loved them so much. I just love missionary work so much.
 
So this is the last week of the transfer. We are pretty sure that Elder Singleton is going to be transferred and be Zone Leader and I will stay in Okolona and train the Elder from Peru. I guess the Zone Leaders referred me to train, so we will see what happens. I think it would be a super great experience. Elder Singleton also thinks Ill be his next companion as Zone Leader, I honestly think hes crazy, but he said im his favorite companion and hardest working companion and so he thinks Im ready to be one, so that was good to hear, but its not a big deal, I just try and do what I need to do every day.
 
I dont really have anything else to say for this week. Oh thanks for the package, I got it this week so that was nice. So one thing you could get me would be some new glasses :) Like you could just use my old prescription and order them off ofZenioptical.com. You could send me some pictures of some and then I could tell you which ones I want. I think white frames would be great. Like white thick ones, but just send me some pics or something. I dont know if you would be able to do that. Its just my black ones are a little scratched and then the other ones are just getting a little beat up cause I wear them a lot and stuff. But just an idea.
 
Being a District Leader is really fun. Cause I get to give the trainings every week for District Meeting and so its really making me learn a lot more cause I am studying a lot more rigorously. I felt like my training this week was really good. The Zone Leaders say they have been spot on every week, so revelation is real haha.
 
I took a few pics.... but I dont have my camera with me so I am sorry about that.
 
Its so weird to think that I hit my year mark in just a few weeks. And like Elder Duran goes home next week and when I came in the mission he hadnt been out too long. Like a little more that Warner, but not much. You better plan on going to Elder Warners homecoming. It will be in June. ITS SO SOON!!! Its super weird to see him as an AP haha. Its funny though cause im like following right where he was. He became District Leader in his 7th transfer in Okolona. Then he picked me up in his 8th. Haha it could be the same exact thing, not expecting to go AP or anything like that, but its just kinda funny. Everyone just says "Like father like son"
 
So we had no clue about day light savings time. We didnt know and like Elder Singleton has been getting up at 530 to work out a little longer cause hes at 6 months to sexy and so when the alarm went off he just was like its my work out alarm just go back to bed cause like the clock said 530. So then the Zone Leaders called us at "630" but really it was 730 and asked us what time it was and we were like, um 630... but then we looked at the phone and it said 730 haha it was funny cause they woke up at the wrong time too haha.
 
Well I love you all and thanks for everything
 
Elder Knudsen

No comments:

Post a Comment