Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 4-First E-mail

Elder Knudsen was able to write home today!  We've learned that his P-day is on Friday, so we should expect an e-mail every Friday afternoon.

My mom forwarded the e-mail to me and the subject line was "HEY MADRE Y PADRE COMO ESTAN???"  I honestly thought I was now receiving spam e-mails in Spanish!  English is bad enough!  Anyway, we were so excited to hear from him.

Kyle said the first day in the MTC was overwhelming.  He was able to see multiple friends of his, Corbin Sharp, Jared Hansen, JT, Jeff Butterfield and Jake Beverly all on the first day.  He felt as though the Lord was really looking out for him since he was able to see so many familiar faces!

Kyle's companion is Elder Gonzalez. He is from Ranchocucamonga, CA.  He is a convert to the church and he is 21 years old, and he will be serving in Louisville, KY as well.  Kyle said he and his companion are getting along pretty well so far.  There are 4 people in his room, and he said that it has been really nice.  The other Elders in his room are headed to Buenos Aires, Argentina and Kyle seems to really like them.

Kyle said the language is coming along pretty well.  They learned to pray in Spanish the second day they were there (Thursday) and learned to bear his testimony yesterday (Friday.)  They actually had to teach a lesson in Spanish to an "investigator" yesterday, and he said that was more difficult.  He said he knows a lot more in Spanish than he thought, so it's been helpful.

Tomorrow, on Easter Sunday, there will be 3 General Authorities coming to visit the entire MTC.  Kyle is really anxious to listen to them.  He has been growing spiritually, and reminds us that the Spirit is strong, no matter where you live in the world.  He also said, "Another big principle that I have learned from being here is that the Lord is always there. He will never move from one spot! Sometimes we feel closer to Him and other times we feel farther apart, but that is because of us. He stays in the same spot and it is our job to come closer to him. And we can always get to where we once were! If we were there once, then we can for sure get there again!"

Kyle says he is the "mature one" in his district! (haha...)  He says he is the first to rise in the morning, and he is always reminding the Elders of when they need to pray, etc.  He says he is obeying their schedule and duties with exactness.  It's difficult for him when they are late, but he feels like he is holding up to his new responsibilities well.  He was headed to the laundromat after he typed the e-mail, so let's home his white shirts are still white!

Kyle seems to be gaining a stronger testimony of prayer.  He says he gets overwhelmed when seeing that he still has 740 days left.  He asks for strength to get through the day, and for little things...like getting up the 10 flights of stairs they go up and down for classes about 9-10 times a day.

He doesn't like the food...it's cold. 
He hasn't seen David Archuleta,
And he forgot his jeans.  :)

Kyle really hopes friends and family will send him pictures.  He wants a bunch to hang up in his room.  He also really looks forward to reading letters.

Kyle ended his e-mail with his testimony:

"I would just like to bear my testimony to you all that I know that this church is true! It is such an amazing thing that I am about to do. I feel like I am still just a kid, but I know that I will be able to change families lives forever! I know that my Savior lives and that He loves and comforts each one of us. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it goes hand in hand with the Bible. I am so thankful for this opporunity in my life and I know that I will be blessed for all eternity because of this decision. I know that y'all will also be blessed! Love you and miss you!"
**He must be trying to sould like a local from Kentucky already!






No comments:

Post a Comment